14/01/2017

Change - CSI 221


Hello and happy Saturday! Are you having a creative weekend? I was working today, but tomorrow I will have a creative day, too. Can't wait, really! 

If you have a creative drive but are looking for a spark or inspiration, here's something to get you started. January is a birthday month for CSI and the challenge site is celebrating by asking all the retired detectives to join the fun as well. So the Major Case File 221 is bursting with inspiration (link)! Naturally there's the inspiring Case File itself, then the DT's awesome work but now there's also the retired detectives's contributions. 


You can see the Case File as well as the sketch above for this challenge. I gathered underneath in the list for me things I used from the Evidence and the Testimony. All the colors are there - the apple green maybe the hardest to spot, it's in the flair button. 

For my Testimony I chose the topic option and documented a birthday. Or actually the journaling is about two birthdays and how much my daughter changed in between them. When she turned five, she wanted to be a princess, Elsa but when she turned six her favorite piece of garment was a skeleton hoodie. Something changed drastically in the year! Like she turned from a childish toddler to a bigger kid. 

I used several elements from the Evidence part. There's tiny dots in the washi tape I used, there's triangles both hand drawn and in the banners, there's the banners with the string. The Evidence also said to use different colored letter stickers but as I only had white ones with this font, I colored one of the stickers myself with a marker. There's also some stamped details and enamel dots, but you can see it all from the list below.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely weekend!


Colors: ivory (background), turquoise (paint), pink (patterned papers, washi), apple green (flair), brown (stickers)

Evidence: tiny dots (washi), triangles (banner, doodled), banners, string, use different colored letter stickers (colored them myself), stamped phrases, circles (stamped), enamel dots

Testimony: topic - document a birthday


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, A Flair for Buttons, Teippitarha, Ranger, American Crafts

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...