09/06/2016

#TBT post - Hetki


Hi there! As it's Thursday, it's time for another #TBT post! #TBT posts are posts that are re-blogged for a reason. Each Thursday I re-blog a post from the past, share why I chose to show the piece again and also add pieces of the original post to the #TBT post.

Today I'm re-bloggin a layout from the past which I made for Scrap365 sketch challenge. Why I'm sharing it again? Well, this was a piece I was very happy with when I made it. It was also before I came a contributor to the magazine and made me think back about that, too. But one reason is also my upcoming trip and the people I'm going to meet in person. Because one of the ladies coming is my editor from some time ago, Katy! I'm thrilled to meet her in person!

Here's the link to the original post (link) dating back to 2012.


I wrote to the original post "I think the first time in my scrapbooking hobby, I actually measured the places of the decorations!" - and I think that it was the first and the last at the same time. I usually "eyeball" everything and very, very seldom use a ruler in my crafting. The ruler in the papercutter, yes, but besides that, very seldom.

The main text in the original post is written in Finnish, but I do mention in English as well that "I used lots of different mediums again in this LO". There's white and clear crackle paint, tea, white and black embossing powder, splattered black acrylic paint and white gesso and different inks.

In the text I also mention how the longest time in the process was used on to the circles - some of them are cut through the background paper, some added on top. I also made some decorations myself - like the roses and the butterflies. Gosh, I never do blooms of my own nowadays!

It's fun to see how much different techniques and things I've added to the page because nowadays my designs have more air around them. Or at least I feel so - what do you think?

Thank you for stopping by!


Materials: My Mind's Eye, Ranger, Fiskars, Sizzix 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...