23/04/2016

Vintage ATCs - GDT Broucek


Happy Saturday!

This post is a special one as I did it as a guest to Broucek blog. Here is the link to the original post (link).

I was so happy when I met Kate in Frankfurt at the CreativeWorld show. I was working there and she came by to say hello. If that wasn’t lovely enough, she also brought to me some of her brand new products to play with! I just adore stamps and stencils as they both are so versatile! 


In these vintage styled ATCs I used two stencils and one stamp while doing the backgrounds. I first misted the brick wall pattern to the background and then added the gears using a rust paste. After that I tinted the whole cards with tea and after drying added some random stamping with a wreath stamp. 

On top I then layered some stickers and die cuts to make the focal points. The embellishments include some wonderful old buttons I got in an ATC swap so they are kind of returning to the circulation! 

Thank you for this opportunity Kate and wishing all of you all the best! 


Ps. Some more happy news - my project made it to the cover of the new Ihana magazine! I'm thrilled and honored! 


Materials: 



Materials: Broucek, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger



8 comments:

alice k. said...

Upeat kortit! Taidanpa tunnistaa napit... Kiva että pääsit käyttämään niitä. Nämä on varmaan jo vaihdettu pois?

Salla said...

Very nice! I love the rust paste and that you used real vintage buttons. They are such treasures, and how lucky that you received some that are small enough for ATCs.

Manumiina said...

Upeita ATC-korteja!

Diane J said...

I love your ATC cards. Just love the vintage look. Also on your goods news of making a cover of a magazine. WOW How wonderful!

Jaana H-V said...

Ihanat kortit olet tehnyt! Minulle tulee Ihana lehti ja nuo kaffeekupit ovat suloiset.

Kix said...

Aivan ihanat kortit. Haluaisin kovasti yhden itselleni, jos löydät jotain vaihdettavaa blogistani.

Kathy Bradley said...

Congratulations, Riikka, on making the cover of the magazine! And, your ATC are stunning!!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Valitettavasti nämä kaikki on jo uusissa kodeissa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...