08/03/2016

Black and gold mini cards


I need to confess something – I’m not a card maker. I enjoy tremendously to do ATCs and even more to receive handmade beauties like ATCs or cards but when it comes to making a traditional card I’m totally lost. So when making this set of four cards I treated them almost like ATCs to get myself going. 

I chose to go with black and cream colored papers but brought the shine and light to the pieces in the form of the golden details and mediums. I used the Art Alchemy paint together with Mica powder and Mica flakes to get those little cards really to shine.


I didn’t take step pictures while making them but I thought it would be fun to share the steps anyway, so underneath you’ll find a written explanation of the process. 

1) Cut your background paper to correct size and round the edges if you wish. 

2) Layer a piece of another patterned paper on top of the card. Adhere with glue or double sided tape.

3) Go over the seam with some black gesso using a brush. Dry.

4) Add some Art Alchemy paint on top using a palette knife. Dry.

5) Add some stamping to the mix. I used black Archival Ink and two different script stamps.

6) Think about the way you’ll add the embellishments. Wrap a length of twine around the card and secure with a knot. 

7) Adhere the main embellishments, the rose and one metal embellishment in place using 3D Gel.

8) Mix some Soft Gel and Mica powder and use this paint to add some more golden touches around the main composition. Also add flicks of gold. 

9) While the paint is still wet, add some Mica flakes on top. 

10) Choose an appropriate sticker from the 7 Dots Studio sticker sheet and add to the card.

11) Glue a few sequins to finish the cards. 

Thank you for your visit! Wishing you a lovely, sparkly day!



Materials: Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Ranger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...