22/12/2015

98 - Mixed Media Place


Good Tuesday! Can you believe it's 22nd already! Just a few more days to Christmas Eve! If you have crafty time during the holidays there's a lovely challenge going on in Mixed Media Place's blog you can take part. Here's the link to the original post with loads of inspiration (link)


The theme of the gym is this time "freedom". Like the original post states - with all the things happening around the world lately it's really good to take a step back and think about freedom and peace. An art journal for example is a great place to ponder the subject with a visual way. But you can create any project to the challenge! Just use mixed media in your project, create a blog post about the subject and then add your link using Linky Tool in the challenge post. You have until January 17th 2016!


Finland’s Independence Day is December 6th. I guess this affected my piece as when I thought about freedom, my ideas started immediately evolving around veterans. How they kept this small country independent in the wars and what they sacrificed in the making. Both of my grandfathers fought the wars and seldom speak about them but you clearly can see that there's so much that ought to be let out. 

I picked up this photo that reminded me of my own grandfather from the Ephemera pack. I also included the number 98 in my piece as 1917 was the year when Finland was born. I also thought the medal like embellishment went nicely to the piece as some of the veterans are highly decorated. The small texts running down the side of the page is actually lyrics to Finlandia, kind of second national anthem for Finland.

Thank you for your visit!


Products from Mixed Media Place:

      
     Prima - Ephemera - Vintage Collectibles


Materials: Ranger, Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Design Memory Craft, Carabelle Studio, Liquitex


1 comment:

PiHi said...

Hienosti kerrostettu ja kerrottu!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...