16/01/2015

Atwood - Prima BAP January


It's Friday! Weekend starts and maybe some crafty time, too? I created this page last weekend for Prima's BAP challenge. As the PPP palette was really blue I went with something completely different with this and used reds, oranges and brown. I've already blogged my PPP creation for January, here's the link if you want to see (link).


The topic of the page is a writer that really mesmerized me - Margaret Atwood. I think I had read a good review of her "Blind Assassin" and loaned that one from library. I started reading it and just couldn't stop. It was always so hard to put the book down and start to sleep or doing something else. It's also the only time a complete stranger has started talking to me about a book - I was reading in a buss stop and a woman next to me started talking how the book had captured her and was so good. That first novel lead me to read some other works by her, too.

I started the page by adding a few pieces of patterned paper on top of the background. Then I added some misting, some stamping and a few touches with pencil. On top I layered some patterned papers and also left overs from a piece of resist canvas. I then embellished the page using Mechanicals, Wood Icons and even some stickers.

Oh, I guess I need to maybe mention something about that photo too. We were driving, the whole family that is - kids were asleep and I started making funny faces and taking photos. This "duck face" was so funny that I Instagrammed it and even made a print of it to be included in a layout. Somehow the silly feeling went to this page.

Thank you for taking a look! Wishing you all a great weekend!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Tattered Angels, Design Memory Craft, Ranger


2 comments:

Val-Belle said...

I also love Margaret Atwoods books... Love the pic and the fun feel yo this layout ...just love your process xx

Нюрка из гнезда said...

Magic layout!! Craft time, yeah)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...