18/12/2014

Farmhouse Christmas ornaments - Canvas Corp Brands



Joy to the world! The Holidays are coming! Here's another Christmas themed post I did for Canvas Corp Brands blog, this time using the "Farmhouse Christmas" collection. I crafted some easy Christmas ornaments and decorations with it. 


I used different dies to cut the shapes for the decorations but you can also use punches or simply scissors. The baubles are done with four circles stacked together, on top of each other and then sewn together with a sewing machine following the diameter. Then I've bend the halves upwards thus creating a dimensional shape. Lastly I used a needle to get the thread you can hung the ornament to the tree in place. And you know what that thread is? As I didn't have thin enough thread from Canvas Corp in my selection I frayed the threads from a piece of burlap. They were just the right thickness and also had a lovely rustic feel in them.


The rosette decorations are done using a rosette die, but you can make them without one, too. Just fold a piece of cardstock like an accordion and glue the ends together. I used a cut out dear head, word "Winter" and a small key to decorate the rosettes.

The morning I made the paper decorations my younger girl had given me two sticks as a present. I thought first to leave them outside but then saw the possibilities together with this collection. So I turned them into hanging decorations as well. First I made the loop for the hanging and placed it to the side of the stick. Then I took a longer piece of the frayed thread and wrapped it tightly around the stick, also having the loop under it and then secured the end with a drop of glue.


The chain of little wreaths is done simply by cutting the wreath images out of the patterned paper using a circle die and then sewing the circles together with a sewing machine. That kind of chain might look good on top of a gift, too!

Thank you for stopping by today! Let the preparations continue!


Materials from Canvas Corp Brands:



Materials: Canvas Corp, 7 Gypsies, Sizzix, Fiskars

1 comment:

Linda Brun said...

Love the use of black and white. Very cool and graphic. Wishing you a merry xmas and a happy new year. Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...