24/10/2014

This Place - Prima PPP October


Hi there! Yesterday I shared my take on the Prima BAP challenge and here's my go at the PPP challenge for October. The palette was a touch one at first sight but when I looked through my materials I noticed having items that fitted the scheme.


I really loved that patterned paper with the black dots! It's so fun and I really adore the big contrast between the dots and the pale, neutral background. With the two background papers I covered the black but none of my papers had the purple in the palette. So luckily there's mixed media and paints! I added some purple acrylic paint to the background and brayered it across the page. Then I made the black pattern on top using Finnabair's black gesso. The green is in the leaves, the orange in the blooms and the grey in the paper underneath the photo.

The story behind the layout dates back when I was about 18 or maybe a little older months. My parents took a trip with me and my grand parents to Stockholm and we visited Skanssen. I have no memory of the trip, but there's a lot of fun photos from it. And one of the photos is taken just in the spot where I have taken this one. The tower of the Nordic Museum showing on top of the trees. So whenever we visit the city and Skanssen, I tend to take a photo in the same place.

Thank you for your visit! 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Ranger, Sharpie, Design Memory Craft


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...