20/09/2014

Rainy day fun - 3rd Eye


Hello and lovely Saturday! Today I share with you a layout by me and also two cards made by my daughters, all using same technique. The layout is made for 3rd Eye and also the cards are made using those supplies. Please scroll down for materials info.


I just love board games! I'm so happy that our girls are getting bigger and they seem to share my love for the games. Their favorite game is one about building princess cupcakes but luckily they enjoy other games too, especially when they can team up with an adult. The picture in the layout was taken in my parent's summer house when we all sat by the table and played. Such a great way to spend a rainy day!

To get the rainy but fun feeling to the page I used Distress Inks to stamp the background. Before stamping the image I sprayed a little water to the stamp so that the image would be a bit blurry and watercolor like. I used several stamps and used them layered on top of each other. 

I also used the sequin stamp in the project and stamped the image with watermark ink. Then I embossed the sequins with gold embossing powder. I also added some sequins stamped with blue Archival Ink. To build even more layers to the background I used the clock mask and drew around it with a black pen. To balance the blackness I also added a few stamped clocks when the page was almost done.


I didn't happen to have any good blue papers at hand when I was creating the piece so I created some of my own. The striped one I drew with a Copic marker but if you own the lines stamp, you can get the look easier with that. For the other paper I used the tutorial Elina created (link) and the "Sparks" stencil

For the embellishments I used 3rd Eye stickersa flair and a piece of chipboard. It's actually waste from the actual shapes, but I really loved it's look so into the page it went. 


Materials used in the page from 3rd Eye:

TES-158 raindrops - rain drops honeycomb 2 (contour) TES-140 cupola TES-223L sequins large  TES-206 clocks set of 3  TEM012 clocks and moth TEM005 sparks TEBA-240 some people feel the rain TEST-002 stars TEST-006 cinema TEC-020 banners

As I was making the page my girls got to join in and make some cards. We all used the same colors and technique in our creations. When the backgrounds were done for their cards, we then embellished them with 3rd Eye chipboard, some clay decorations I had made earlier (link) and some thread.

Thank you for stopping by! Wishing you a delightful day!


Materials used in the cards from 3rd Eye:

clouds  TES-121 braid  TES-230 Drycha's flower  Emma's flowers TES-097 TES-140 cupola TES-223L sequins large cogs  Lightbulbs  stars  checkerboard TES-116 TEC-020 banners

4 comments:

Jonna said...

What a cool layout! Love what you did with the background.
Really looking forward to your classes in Egersund :-)

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous layout!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Jonna! Really looking forward meeting you!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...