07/08/2014

Columbo Der Alte Poirot - Canvas Corp Brands


Hi there! Here's a page I created for Canvas Corp Brands using Canvas Corp papers and Tattered Angels mists. The color scheme of the page is inspired by one of the series in the title, Poirot. The lilac and the grey can be found in the series DVDs. 

Not so long ago I blogged first layout inspired by the "My Details" workshop. This page is another one using the same lesson as jumping off point. The workshop sparked an idea to document what I watched as a child in my grandparents house. The journaling reads: "Oh the joy when after the bath we watched crime series at grandparents's! Sometimes it was Der Alte or Poirot or even a Columbo movie!"  

I recorded a video while working with the page so you can see how the page came into being! You can see the video from below or from my YouTube channel!


As you can see from the video, I started with the Grey and White Mini Dot Reverse paper and added some gesso to it. The purple color is Glimmer Mist called Pop Rocks and I also added couple of squeezes of Black Cherry in there. The layers behind the photo include the harlequin pattern in black and white, piece of "Little Black Pages" and also piece of Grey Damask. There's also a few tags in there as well as a letter cut from a 12x12 sheet.

I usually edit the building of the paper layers away from my videos. But would you like to see the process? Should I show how I combine the papers and how I stack them together? Please share your thoughts!

Hopefully you enjoyed the post! Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials: Canvas Corp, Tattered Angels, Talens, 3rd Eye, Prima Marketing, Design Memory Craft, American Crafts, Teippitarha, Ranger, Sharpie, Stash Panache


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...