26/07/2014

With great love - Prima BAP July


Happy Saturday! Marsha challenged me to document five days of my life this week and I've been taking photos and writing the posts. They aren't ready yet (as this is the day 4), but I'm hoping to get them into the blog next week. Maybe I should start on Wednesday as that was the first day I documented?  

But today I have a Prima BAP page for you! The topic of the page is my husband and how I adored the way he lovingly built a guitar for our daughters as a Christmas gift. He started from scratch, a piece of wood actually which my father had been saving for a special project. Numerous nights my husband sat either sanding or building the mechanics into it. So the guitar indeed was done with great love.


Above is a picture of the background before I started building any patterned paper layers or adding embellishments. I once again used my favorite background build - masking tape and gesso on the bottom and mists and stamping on top. There's also some pencil doodles and flicks of mist there. 

I used Prima stamps for the stamping and inked the harlequin one with Chalk Edger using two different colors. The more visible texts are stamped with Archival Ink. On the misted layers there's first a watercolor-like, blurry layer of several colors and on top of them a chevron pattern done with a Prima mask.


The sketch had lovely flower shapes that I interpret using Prima wire. I also included some metal embellishments and the glass baubles. The title is done by using two different alphas on sticker sets. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely weekend!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Tattered Angels, Talens, Design Memory Craft, Ranger

7 comments:

Val-Belle said...

WOW Riikka that is an amazing story. Your hubby is so talented. I am sure the girls will love their precious guitars. Love the layout and the background is as always amazing. love it.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Val <3

Unknown said...

I love all the details and colors!

enkulin käsityöt said...

Wautsi mitkä värit.

Unknown said...

Ha! My favourite colours! This is stunning! Love, love!! Ingrid x

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Kiitokset <3 Lempiväripalettini :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...