19/07/2014

Going romantic - Prima PPP July


Good morning! It seems to be coming a lovely day here in Finland! Sun is shining and the swallows gliding in the sky. Talking about swallows, there's a pair in this set of cards I created for Prima's PPP challenge for July.

The palette was patriotic with blues and red and pale grey. I went through my stash but didn't have anything blue where papers are concerned so I needed to work around that. Product wise I had some roses and Prima wire though not the actual ones showed in the board. 


I've been admiring card makers like Irina Gerschuk and Elena Olinevich for a long time. I love their layering, the bulk they create (without looking bulky, of course) and the romantic feel their cards have. I tend to do cards that are layered in another way and way less romantic, but I wanted to give this a go. So I gathered some Prima resin and flowers and used my newest purchase, the Prima dies, too, while creating these. I also used Prima Textured paper as the bottom layer as I wanted to see how it reacts with wet media.

I used same style of background to both of the cards. First I applied some watercolors to the white piece of cardstock, then added flicks of mist, stamping and drawing. I also used a doily stencil to make a lace like pattern using Chalk Edger. On top of the background I then layered a piece of paper and the embellishments lastly adding some paint to the resist patterns, the flowers and the die cuts. 


In this card the vocal point is made of using a resin frame. Underneath is a piece of Prima paper coated with an epoxy sticker. There's two diecuts, cut from the same Prima Textured paper I used for the backgrounds. I also layered a leafy stem, some wire and a metal embellishment in there.


Here's the other card with almost identical supplies - wire, patterned paper, roses, diecut, resist leaf... But instead of a resin frame, I used a resin feather in this one and also added a tiny metal button in there. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely weekend!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Tattered Angels, Talens, Ranger

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful creating! Love the blue!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Upeat kortit Riikka! Antavat paljon inspiraatioa!

Val-Belle said...

BEautiful cards I love them. SO pretty

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Val <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...