18/06/2013

ArtFusion2013


Oh my, what a wonderful weekend! So much inspiration, sharing ideas, making friends and meeting old ones, wow! So what's it all about? ArtFusion in Utrecht, The Netherlands. I'm so happy I decided to join Minna and Elina and go there. Thank you both for the spark!

Even though us Finns took separate routes to the country, we all met in Amsterdam and spent Friday exploring the city Marsha as our tour guide. Our first and only decided "must-see" attraction was the Rijksmuseum. The great halls sent shivers down my spine in a good way. It was amazing see the old masters like Vermeer and Rembrandt. After the museum and almost an overload of art (you know the point when even the most beautiful artworks start to be just paintings, when the eye and mind just can't take it anymore) we strolled across the canal shores and tumbled into a flower marker, for example. We also took a guided tour in the canals.


On Saturday was time for some ArtFusion! The event was organised by Birgit Koopsen and Nathalie Kalbach and included workshops from them both. I took only the Saturday ones, but visited the venue on Sunday, too.

First up on Saturday was Nathalie's Seasonal Canvas - a mixed media canvas filled with ideas and information. I loved the way Nathalie taught and also her sense of humour. If you get a chance to take part in her workshop, I hope you do - I really enjoyed! It was also such a pleasure finally meet her in person!

The second workshop was an embossing minialbum by Birgit. I've taken several Birgit's workshops in the past and I love her style to teach. She's really inspirational and sweet! In the workshop we used the awesome WOW embossing powders and made layers with them. I can't wait to get some creative time and try out my ideas based on the workshop!

The atmosphere in the event was friendly and warm. It was great to meet people behind blogs in real life and I think I even made new friends. I love how creative people interact and encourage each other, it's precious! The event was also very well organised and the venue was great for mixed media. I do hope that the Dynamic Duo (Birgit and Nat) shall organise the event again! 


On Sunday I went to the venue for a while to say bye to everyone there and then left to explore Utrecht. I visited the Centraal Museum and Dick Bruna house and liked them both. In my opinion the last exhibition of the Centraal Museum was the best - "Peace was made here". I also walked up and down the narrow streets and ate my lunch in a park. 

I really enjoyed the long weekend in the Netherlands. Even though I got to see actually three towns all with different vibe, I definitely need to go back some day to explore the country more. I loved the atmosphere and the sense of art and history in everywhere. 

Last but definitely not least I want to thank Marsha, my sweet host. I owe you big time! It was a privilege to visit your home and enjoy your overwhelming hospitality. You and Harold are the sweetest persons there can be! Big hugs!

Ps. Both of the teachers are coming to Sweden at the end of August to keep some workshops. I heard there's still room in them in case you want to go!

6 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

It was awesome to finally meet you in person- you are such a sweetie! Loved having you! Love the pictures and I am glad you enjoyed it :) Huge hugs!

maaike said...

It was fun! Nice to have met you! Xxx maaike

Birgit Koopsen said...

It was so good to see you again sweetie! So happy you enjoyed both the event and my home country! Hope we will meet again soon! x

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Nat! It was such a pleasure to meet you too! Hugs!

Riikka Kovasin said...

It really was fun! It was nice to meet you too!

Riikka Kovasin said...

I hope that too! I definitely need to return to the Netherlands with the girls some day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...