01/05/2013

Zeus and Zoe May Challenge


Here in Finland May really marks the start of sunny weather and warmer days. The nearing summer effects the spirit and the ever increasing amount of light turns people happy and light. May Day is celebrated with balloons and streamers and with a picnic amongst the family. 

Here's the May challenge for Zeus and Zoe - a mood board. I tried to capture the light, happy feeling of May together with some beautiful products from my Zeus and Zoe kit. Check out the challenge here (link).

Tässä on tämän kuun Zeus and Zoe -haaste. Tarkoituksena on inspiroitua tekemästäni ideakollaasista ja luoda jotain mahtavaa. Lisätietoa löytyy (englanniksi) tämän linkin takaa.


Here's my take on the challenge. I've included the textures from the mood board together with the touches of pink, the light color scheme and some beautiful trims. I was also inspired by the "Do not fear the future" frase and wanted to create something connected with it. 

Tässä oma sivuni haasteeseen. Käytin inspiraationa kuvan värejä ja tekstuureja. Halusin myös käyttää kuvasta löytyvää tekstiä "Do not fear the future" ja luoda jotain tulevaisuuteen liittyvää. Käytin pääasiassa Zeus and Zoe kittini materiaaleja, mutta taustapaperi on Primalta.



I tried to capture the light feel of May and spring to this layout. I wanted a lot of texture to the background but wanted to keep it light at the same time, so this paper by Prima Marketing was just perfect. There's a lot of going on there, but the over all appearance of the paper is still light. I added my own touch to the page with stamping, doodling and splashing acrylic paint and mist. I used grid stamp in an angle to reseble the diamond type pattern in one of the pictures in the mood board.

Although I mostly scrap pictures of my children anyway, for this future related page they seemed to work perfectly. Children are the future, after all. I chose to go with this picture of my first born, taken on her 4th birthday.

Almost all of the supplies are from my Zeus and Zoe kit. The butterflies and the large flowers are cut from patterned papers in my kit. The delicate trims and  lace are from my kit, too, as well as the old book page. The pearls are  taken from a jewellery piece and scattered around the page. The little nest embellishment is selfmade and you can find a tutorial for it in here (link). I felt it fitted perfectly to this spring-like layout and to the mood board, too. Behind the nest there's two feathers, inspired by the wings in the mood board.

I hope I have inspired you and showed you a few ways to include the inspiration from the mood board to your creation. I'm really looking forward to see what you have created! Please, join in!



Materials: Zeus and Zoe kit, Prima Marketing, Tattered Angels, 7 Dots Studio, Garn und Mehr




5 comments:

Merkku said...

Tää on kyllä huippuihana!

Tone-Lill said...

Wow this is so sweet. Love the little birds nest :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :)

Chantalle said...

How I also love that little nest!

Riikka Kovasin said...

They're so easy to make! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...